Wednesday 19 March 2008

Lent

So this year for the second year in a row i decided, like a right eejit, to go off all chocolate, crisps, sweet things (basically anything nice!) for Lent. Now, last year it was easy, i was tempted a few times (but hey, so was Jesus!) but i successfully managed it and to top it all off i lost over half a stone in weight. I suppose you could say this was my main motivation for doing it again this year. It hasnt worked. I'm still the same weight i was when i started. But the main thing is, i have again successfully completed lent (well it ends on Sunday, so there's time yet i suppose!)
I find it really interesting to hear what people have decided to deprive themselves of, the reason i chose these things is because i am actually addicted to them, so for me going without them for 40 days is a big achievement! Remind me not to do it next year though!
Just to end...my crazy mum ordered an easter egg from Hotel Chocolat at 48 quid! it's gonna be worth every penny on Sunday!!

4 comments:

Ellen Wright said...

welcome aboard the blogging express, good work so far! xo

J-Mac said...

Fair trade chocolate??

Hutch meister said...

Hey Jo!! Woohoo, your blogging! I am an advide blog surfer, so I look forward to reading more of your material in the near future. But for now good luck and God speed!!
p.s. I would like a mention at some stage in your future blogs...No pressure!

Joanna said...

Blog surfing not allowed Hutchy...get one sorted...then i shall mention you!! haha