Thursday 20 March 2008

The day we met Foy

So Laura and I took a trip to Kent on 29th February to visit our friend Dannii who teaches there. It was alot of fun and really good for the 3 of us to be together for a relaxing weekend.

Anyway, Laura and I are sitting in the airport drinking our Starbucks when the final call notice came up on the screen. So there we are rushing over to our gate, balancing coffee in one hand and bags in the other, when out of the corner of my eye I notice a certain Northern Irish hat-wearing singer. It was Foy Vance! I go into 12 year old girl excitement mode and text Scott to tell him (we are both big fans) He texts back to say he wants an autograph and me being the amazing girlfriend that I am, decided that I won't rest until I get it! He is on our flight so when the boarding call goes out for our group, Laura and I linger a bit so we can get in the queue behind him...how primary school...but some Chinese guy managed to get in there before us (we don't think he appreciated the two of us leaning over him the whole time trying to see what Foy is reading!!) We get past the boarding pass collector woman (that is their official title) and we race down the stairs so we can catch him for a quick autograph and a photo before we get on the plane. Now, picture the scene, it's raining, its beyond windy and Laura and I are racing up behind him, still balancing the bags and the coffee, i drop my phone and it goes flying, i then kick my phone which makes it fly even further! If only Foy was aware of the fuss that was happening behind him! We catch him up anyway and in an EXTREMELY out of breath voicxe i declare my undying love for him (well not quite!) and i ask for an autograph. He is touched but he said could we do it when we got to London out of the rain! We get on the plane and Laura and I try to get sitting beside him, but then we realise that the poor guy couldn't handle that so we leave it!! Anyway, we arrive in London and we are wainting for our bags when along comes Foy to sign a little autograph for Scotty (including a kiss at the end of it!) He stood and talked to us for 5-10 minutes and is such a down to earth lovely guy! So that is my little bit of excitement for my blog. I realise that its very long and probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense! Oh, and just to finish...i got the photos to prove it.......

2 comments:

Hutch meister said...

Yeay! You mentioned me! Sooooo funny, you captured the scene perfectly! Loving your blogging skills!

xo

S.B. Gordon said...

Thing is I never got my autograph. Someone's mum threw it out lol. And after all that hassle