Sunday 11 January 2009

One last shot

I'm sure any of you who read my blog, or even those who know me, will know that I haven't had too much success with my university career. Part of this was due to illness during my finals, but I have to admit that the majority of it was due to my preference of partying and lack of attendance at class. I have never been a straight A student, I was always more interested in sport, music and friends at school. I did no work and always managed to scrape through, I suppose I just thought that this was how it was always going to be. My mum used to get very frustrated with my laid back attitude and on a daily basis when I was sitting my gcse's and A-levels I had to sit through her lecture about applying myself and working to achieve my best results possible because I had the ability to do it. Now about 7 or 8 years on that old phrase keeps popping into my mind, "Mum's are always right!" I was always far too stubborn (still am!) and all her lectures just went in one ear and out the other. Fast forward a few years and I am about to sit my last exam, and if I fail it I walk away from university with no degree.
Tomorrow at 2:00pm I will walk into that exam hall one last time and give it one last shot. Im hoping and praying i pass, but in all honesty I am preparing myself for a fail again. I know thats not the way to look at it, but I believe all my years of not caring are about to catch up with me. I have placed it in the Lord's hands though. I know I am where He wants me to be. But at 2pm tomorrow i would appreciate a wee prayer.

Love love love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know your gonna do fabulous. Tres fabulous in fact x x x

Anonymous said...

go knock thier socks off jo!

sheenamull said...

hope it went well xx