Tuesday 4 November 2008

Half way

Lastnight was the half way mark for Alpha. I'm still really enjoying it. As the weeks go on it's clear to see how everyone has come out of themselves and are more comfortable speaking in the group. I have felt so blessed throughout the past 4 weeks, i love listeneing to other people's opinions and I love hearing people's stories. I love that people feel comfortable in sharing some of their life experiences with us (John and I).

I have definately learnt alot myself. Sometimes I think it is so easy for a Christian to let on that they know it all, but what I have learnt over the past few weeks is that no one has all the answers and it is so important not to pretend that you do. People respect you alot more when you hold your hands up and just simply say "I don't know".

Lastnight we were talking about Prayer. During the talk at the start the point was made that the best way to pray is to stay true to yourself, not to try and impress God by using all the big words that you don't understand, God knows your heart and He knows your prayers. Praying is like a conversation with God, just speak to Him the way you speak to your friends, that's what He wants. Alot of people, when they hear prayers from the front of church, think that they are never going to be able to pray in that way. But it is so important that we don't compare ourselves to other christians. We don't have to impress God, there's absolutely nothing we can do that will make Him love us any more that He does and I love that.

In other news...my Hutch got engaged to Mr. Wylie on Thursday and for the first time in my life I get to be Bridesmaid...I'm soooooooo excited!! Love those guys!

That's it for today

Love love love!

No comments: