Wednesday 26 November 2008

Act of kindness

I was in work today, i was only in til 1:30pm to cover the morning. A woman came in with her grandson and she wanted to buy him something nice for Christmas, she settled on a lovely little Timberland outfit which one little boy was modelling the night of the fashion show. We started to tell her about this and she said that she had heard about the fashion show through a friend of hers and asked me how it went. I told her that it was a fantastic night and that we raised quite a bit of money for Uganda but that we still had a bit more to raise for the school to be opened in February. We talked for a while and she showed great interest in our trip to Uganda during the summer and wanted to hear about that. It was great talking to her as I love sharing my Uganda experience with people. As she was leaving she opened her purse and handed me £10 and told me to put that towards the fund. I couldn't believe it. This was a total stranger handing me money, I couldn't thank her enough and I actually felt a wee bit emotional (it doesn't take much!!). It was just such a lovely thing for her to do and it really made my day!

Also today, Scotty text me this morning when he got into school as he always does, but this wasn't his usual "good morning" text, all it said was "I might be going to Botswana". Now surely that has to win a prize for the most random text! lol I haven't heard too many details about when and where exactly and for what reason they are going, but what I do know so far is that it is with an organisation called "Dreams and Teams", and they have a link with a school in Botswana. I think it is class that he wants to go and that he is excited about it, especially because of his recent interest in church etc. Obviously I have been praying every day for Scott and i can finally see my prayers being answered bit by bit!

Love love love!

No comments: