Wednesday 30 April 2008

Injections = Nightmare!!!

Last Thursday i went to get the first of my injections for going to Uganda. I was rather nervous as i have a slight (and by slight i mean enormous) fear of needles. So i went into the wee room which was tiny, sat down on the seat and started answering all the necessary questions about my health etc... Then the part I hate...the nurse went over to a wee table and started fiddling around with the needle, getting it out of the wrapper etc (I know its wierd but when this is happening i can't concentrate on anything else!) So over she comes and gives me my first injection in my right arm...my foot is shaking like nothing else and she is jibbering on in my ear about random rubbish as she is trying to distract me! The first injection really wasn't that bad, i was getting another one in my left arm aswell so i thought that if that one was anything like the first one i'd be landed! So in goes the second needle and i feel like a pins and needles sensation in my arm, not really pleasant...then i turn to my mum (who i had with me for moral support!!) and I say that i'm not feeling too well. Next thing i remember i'm lying down on the seats with mum right up at my face with a cold towel trying to bring me around! I fainted! haha Mum later told me that when i started to black out my eyes rolled in my head and my mouth dropped to one side and siezed up then i had a full on siezure! Talk about drama! It took me about an hour to come round and when i got home i slept for the rest of the day! I can sort of laugh about it now but i think i really scared my mum and also the nurse who thought i was having an epileptic fit.
Now i have to get 4 more injections...lets just hope they run a bit more smoothly than the last 2!!

No comments: