Tuesday 15 April 2008

Cell

At Cell Last night we did a wee exercise which was pretty class, it really made me feel quite good about myself and gave me a really good feeling! First of all, let me say that in my every day life, i try my best to be happy. I don't just mean happy on the inside, but happy on the outside aswell...i try to do everything with a smile. It's always such a joy to hear that this happiness has been noticed. Anyway, this exercise lastnight...we all had to take a page and write our names at the top, then pass them round the room and each person had to write something positive about the person whose name was at the top of the page...make sense? Good. Here is what my page said...

1. A rock.
2. Disciple.
3. Friendly, Charming, talented, beautiful smile.
4. Great laugh and easy to get on with. Someone that you're glad to know. Top notch person. Friendly.
5. Easy to get on with and good company.
6. V. Cool! Bring on Uganda 08!!
7. Excellent company - very easy to get on with - friendly personality. Poor taste in men, Scott's a balloon (just kidding) (John Guy!!!)
8. Very cheery! - Cheers everyone up!

Now I don't know about you, but when someone says something nice about you, i can't help but feel a real boost. Here I have a page of 8 things people have said about me and I just feel so happy that people see a joy in me. I don't in any way want to sound like I am being big headed, I just want to out across that me Joy comes from God. Before I was a christian (I have been a Christian again for over a year..lots of crap in between....later post maybe??) I had a real sense of something missing in my life, I was and have always been happy, but I still knew something was missing. When I came back to the Lord, it was literally an overnight change for me, i suddenly had this joy that i hadn't felt in a long time. I know that joy comes from God. There may be hard times and some serious testings in my life, but i still try to live evry day with a smile. My smile was noticed lastnight at cell.

3 comments:

Hutch meister said...

I second that! You're a great person to be around! Your one of those people that you just feel happy to be with. You shine for him!! even better..you sparkle for him! Be encouraged. xo

nehemiah 8v11 "The Joy of the Lord is your strengh"...

Love ya xo

Joanna said...

Thanks Laura... i love you girl!!

Hutch meister said...

hey girl. just saw your baptisim photo on emmanuels website, heres a wee link to check it out http://www.emmanuel-church.co.uk/BaptismApr2008/BaptismApr2008.html

You need to frame it. xo