Thursday 25 June 2009

Summer

No blog since May?? Oh dear...kinda echoing Scott's post by saying that I don't think it's been missed! haha But anyway, I will blog a bit about what my summer is going to be like....

First of all is our Uganda trip. A team of about 20 are heading out this year for 3 weeks. The team head out on Sunday 5th July then Laura, Dave and myself are heading out laster that evening on a different flight then we arrive home a day after the rest. I am very excited about the trip, but it's a different feeling from last year. Lat year's trip was my first time in Afirca so my excitement was more because of the anticipation of what it was going to be like. This year though, I'm excited to be with some of the people from last year's team and some new people, and I'm excited to see the familiar faces of the pupils and teachers from last year. Mostly though, I am excited to see our school, "Light for all". It opened in February so right now there is learning going on. How amazing is that? It's going to be a very special experience to return to the school and see pupils and teachers within the walls I helped to build with my own hands. I'm excited to see what God will do in my heart, when I was in Africa last year I had such an overwhelming feeling of God all around us. I wonder what he will stir up this time??

Secondly...my graduation...FINALLY! On Monday 29th June I will be walking across the stage to collect my certificate that says I have a degree! Relief doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling. I'm not really looking forward to the ceremony itself as I hear they can be quite boring! But I am definately looking forward to the feeling of achievement on that day (even though it's 2 years late!!) Unfortunately it's Scott's last day of school that day so he won't be at the actual ceremony but he will be up after for a meal in the Ramore Wine Bar (my favourite restaurant!!)

Then after all that, Scott and I are hoping to get away for a week's holiday in the sun in August sometime, only if we can afford it though as it would be a nice end to the summer.

So that's about it in a nutshell...a pretty busy summer lies ahead but I can't wait!

Love love love!

No comments: